Wednesday, June 2, 2010

3 Days in One!

In order to "Catch ya'll up" we'll stroll together, photographically, through day's 1, 2 and 3! Beginning with leaving our beloved Athens we headed to Jittery Joe's one more time. We felt this was important since the 'ol garage will be gone by the end of the summer. After our refueling we were on our way. We stopped in Dalonega for lunch and discovered a great little place known as the Crimson Moon.





Live music as we walked in and great food...   what more could you ask for?
We got to Young Harris in time for dinner (this time) and were in bed early, to be ready for class the next morning.  Day one proved very productive for both of us, by lunch I had my two small leaves completed 


and well on my way to screwing up the first of my two bracelets.

Here is a picture of Jim showing us how to make them, correctly!

Jeff on the other hand got a great start...

His glass fusing is going very well!


Day two proved to be much better for me. We began by making more bracelets (Which I now realize I must get photo's of...) making hammers,


 and moving onto Spiculum forms... (A Spiculum is a hollow tube that we form out of a piece of flat copper.) Here is a shot of 4 steps of making one:

At this point we are all onto creating all sorts of pieces form what we have learned,

whether in the classroom or

in the hallway which is where we are when we have hammers in our hands!

Wednesday's at William Holland are half days, most classes are held until noon. This gives everyone the chance to spend the rest of the day exploring. Jeff and I went to Hiawassee (GA.) to run some errands (hopefully get phone signal, no luck) and have dinner. We watched the rains come in then move out to reveal a beautiful cloud scene while up at Brasstown Bald lookout.


Tomorrow is Thursday, a full day of classes. I'll try to get some more photo's of the school and our progress!

Have a great night!

3 comments:

Cate Lindsey said...

Good golly that looks like fun! All those tools to play with and someone to show you how, my idea of heaven!

Lois said...

Thanks for the update, Barb! I am very sorry to hear that Jittery Joe's Garage will be closing. I hate to see the age old structures leave an area. Their flavor just can't be replicated. As to the new things ... I looovvve the copper leaf! Can't wait to see where it ends up and yours and Jeff's fused glass is beautiful too! Enjoy your time in the mountains.

tammy said...

I would love to be there. Gosh, what a dream vacation! Time off AND you get to learn metal....whoa. I am sure you are having a fantastic time!