Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Backwards...Summer...over

Just when I turned around and gave it my full attention,
Summer was gone.

It's hard to tell here in the land of sunshine, it's still in the 90's, but the school buses are roaring up and down the hill beside our house.

Last week Jeff and I snuck in another week at William Holland, it was wonderful.
Although all the raspberries were gone the wandering grapevines had found the apple tree, ceremoniously latched on to every limb and shared it's sweet globes with all that passed by, yum.

Jim was in his usual form, needless to say we all laughed from morning well into the evening hours.
He looks so innocent as all we aim our hammers at him.


Everyone in this class came with plenty of experience. We had much to contribute and loved sharing our projects and opinions, we all had a great time.
As to be expected Jim challenged all of us:

We learned to make Silver Spoons, which I think was my favorite project!

We made our own stamps from tool steel then used them to create textures on rings.



Then we moved on to pierced pieces.
 I choose a Sand Hill Crane since they wander our community constantly but Jim chose a different subject:

I will not ask.

While everyone was working on Spinner Rings I chose to move to a pair of textured earrings, I really need to thank Jim for letting me get a bit off track...(Thanks Jim!)


To complete our trip we stopped at Melody and Lew's home in Atlanta for 2 nights.

Laurel (aka: Mr. Puffs) and McKenzie. 

Plenty of wine, food and friendship was the perfect way to end this summer!


(I usually do not photograph my food but this was meal was way to good not too!)
Beet Salad and Shrimp and Grits, oh my amazing!

Tomorrow I will share what I have been playing with on my summer vacation along with a Shop update!

No comments: