Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tuesday Nights with Jim

TNwJ!


I've been thinking about this for some time now and while my timing could have been better, "Well begun is half done" as Jeff likes to say. I've been taking Jim's class at the Maitland Art Center for more than two years and for the past few months I've been thinking about photographing these classes and blogging about the students and amazing projects.

Each session is 9 weeks long and more fabulous than the array of projects, the collection of students never ceases to amaze me. Jim has been teaching at this hidden gem of an Art Center for 17 years, each week I understand more why he continues. I come back to his classes (and now assist, but only sometimes) because not only do I learn something every time I attend (really!) but the humor factor is off the scale, especially when Jim goes on a rant about Quantum Physics. (I have video of this that I will post sometime in the future, it's priceless!)

My project this week was to begin 4 sets of earrings:


There is a beautiful cuff bracelet taking shape...


and for some reason...this week EVERY one was soldering... a lot...even Jim!




I can't wait to see that cuff done!
I hope these postings will give each of you a little insight into our community of a place where each Tuesday Night ideas turn into dreams utilizing silver and copper.

Thanks for stopping in.

No comments: